by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18849 times
You are sure to have tried cashew pulao, but how about Almond Biryani? An innovative rice preparation rich with the aroma of spices, the Almond Biryani combines French beans and green peas with sliced almonds adding a dash of crunchy fun to each mouthful. Using cooked rice and readily available biryani masala, this dish can be prepared within minutes. The garnish of fried onions and almonds adds to the appeal of this biryani.
- Heat the ghee in deep non-stick pan, add the almonds and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and bayleaf in the same non-stick pan and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the caraway seeds and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the french beans, green peas, green chillies and biryani masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the almonds and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix gently.
- Serve immediately garnished with fried onions and fried almonds.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||157 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.