Whole Wheat Bhakri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5549 times
A bowlful of pitla would seem quite incomplete without a plateful of bhakri to go with it! Pitla and bhakri is a traditional Maharashtrian combo, and we thought we should share a sumptuous Whole Wheat Bhakri recipe for you to enjoy with our Methi Pitla or Cauliflower Greens Pitla. Enjoy this bhakri hot and fresh, and without any guilt as it is made with whole wheat and using very little oil too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion of a dough into a 125mm. (5”) diameter thick circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the bhakri on it and turn it over after a 1 minute.
- Cook on the other side for another 1 minute or till light brown spots appear on the surface.
- Then turn it over onto an open flame and cook on both sides for a few seconds till it puffs up. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more bhakris.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per bhakri
|Energy|| 115 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 18.7 gm|
|Fat|| 3.0 gm|
|Iron|| 1.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.