by Tarla Dalal
Added to 301 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18520 times
Sometimes, a slush is more invigorating than a simple juice, perhaps because you tend to roll the icy granules in your mouth for a while, and so the refreshing glassful lasts longer! Here is a marvelous Watermelon Slush that is ideal for warm summer afternoons. This effective cooler is loaded with iron and significantly low on calories, as watermelon is comprised of more than 75 per cent water and hence a cup of this satiating fruit has just 25 calories! That makes it a yes-yes ingredient for weight watchers.
- Blend the watermelon in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer it into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into a shallow aluminium container and cover it with an aluminium foil.
- Freeze it for approx. 10 to 12 hours or until it is firm.
- Remove it from the freezer and keep aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Scrape it with a fork and serve immediately in 3 individual glasses.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 31 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 6.7 gm|
|Fat|| 0.3 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.9 gm|
|Iron|| 8.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.