Val Dal Khichdi ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30334 times
One dish meals are quite a rage in this fast-paced world where one has very little time to spend in the kitchen! here is an easy-to-make and healthy one dish meal using vaal dal.
- Soak the vaal dal and rice in enough water for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaves.
- When the cumin seeds crackele, add all the vegetables, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Add the rice and vaal dal and sauté on a medium flame till the ghee coats the grains evenly.
- Add 4 cups of hot water, stir well and pressure cook for at least 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Serve hot with raita / kadhi / papad.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.