Tomato Chutney ( Cooking with 1 Tsp Oil)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 394 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 95453 times
This tangy chutney is the best combination for bland dishes like Idli and appe! One of the most popular South Indian chutneys, this is sure to perk up any meal it is served with. Purée the mixture of sautéed tomatoes, onions and dals a bit coarsely, to enjoy a chunky salsa-like texture. The best part is that this delectable Tomato Chutney is made with just a single teaspoon of oil and no other fatty ingredients, so it is a real guilt-free treat!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend it in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Serve or store refrigerated and use within 2 days.
Nutrient values per tablespoon
|Energy|| 16 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 1.8 gm|
|Fat|| 0.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
|Folic Acid|| 8.0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.