Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6272 times
Its a dish prepared for evening Tiffin rice flour is added to make the appams crisp.
- Add rice flour,wheat flour and maida together
- Add little water and jaggery to make it a batter a little thick (than the dosa batter)
- As we are adding jaggery more water is not needed
- Cut cashewnuts into small pieces and mix it well with batter
- Also add cardamom powder
- Keep oil in a kadai or deep pan.
- When oil gets heated, take little batter and drop in oil.cook well till brown colour and remove from oil.
- Strain more oil and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vsasirekha on 28 Nov 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.