Suran Chana Dal Tikkis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20922 times
The unusual combination of suran and chana dal makes these tikkis a must try. Mint and chaat masala perk up the flavour. Avoid garlic if you would prefer a milder and simpler taste. Since these are roasted without any oil, use non-stick cookware for better results.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the chana dal and dry roast it till it is light pink in colour.
- Cool and blend the chana dal in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and fry till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the yam and ½ cup of water, cover and cook over a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes till the suran is soft and all the moisture is evaporated.
- Cool and blend along with the mint to a paste without using any water.
- Combine the chana dal powder, yam mixture, chaat masala, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape them into flat round tikkis.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook them on both sides on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.