Suran Chana Dal Tikkis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28136 times
Scrumptious to the core, these mouth-watering Suran Chana Dal Tikkis feature flavourful yam bound together by an aromatic powder of freshly roasted chana dal.
This winning team gets a further boost by the addition of spice powders, herbs and flavour-givers like onions, ginger and garlic.
Serve these tikkis immediately because they are super-crispy, and this great texture will be lost as the tikkis cool. Green chutney is also a must-have for a totally masti experience.
You can serve scrumptious Deep-fried Delights like these tikkis for High Tea Party .
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the chana dal and dry roast on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend it in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the same non-stick pan add the onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the yam, ½ cup of water, mix well and cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl and mash it well using a potato masher.
- Add the prepared chana dal powder, mint leaves, chaat masala, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round tikki.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry the tikkis on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.