Aloo Methi Tikki ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 210 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 110064 times
Aloo and methi are made for each other! Whether as a subzi or a tikki, the twosome is sure to win the hearts of all diners, young and old. In this particular Aloo Methi Tikki, the presence of methi is strongly felt as it is used in both fresh and dried forms. The tikki is further enhanced with common spice powders and effective ingredients like cumin seeds, ginger, onions, and so on. Serve fresh with green chutney or a tangy curd dip.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and green chiliees and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, fenugreek leaves, dried fenugreek leaves, salt, garam masala, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a round ball.
- Dip each round ball in the plain flour-water mixture and lightly roll them in bread crumbs in such a way that the balls are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.