Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7843 times
Stuffed Dhokla(idada), a South Indian and Gujarati fusion. Just got an idea from making bondas.
Add your private note
Stuffed Dhokla(idada) recipe - How to make Stuffed Dhokla(idada)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
15 hours 20 minutesMakes 2 to 3 servings
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the urad dal and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, potatoes and salt, mix well and remove from the flame. Keep aside.
- Grease the plate of dhokla with oil.
- Pour 1 cup idli batter.
- Place the stuffing on it , again place 1 cup of idli batter on it.
- Sprinkle til and black pepper powder on it.
- Steam the dhoklas for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the flame cut the dhoklas into pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in kadhai add the mustard seeds when they crakle, add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Remove from the flame and pour the tempering on top of the prepared dhoklas.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#455955 on 05 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.