5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9318 times
An interesting preparation of fresh sweet corn, cut and cooked with the cob, later added to an onion and tomato flavoured gravy. The pounded peanut added to the gravy is another highlight of this recipe—the flavour is indeed unique, as you will realise as soon as you take the first spoonful of spicy corn!
- Combine the sweet corn roundels, salt and enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coarsely crushed peanuts, salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the boiled sweet corn roundels and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.