Singapore Rice Noodles (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18652 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 serving
this vibrant snack is a riot of colours with coloured capsicum, red cabbage, sprouts and spring onions. Though rice noodles raise the health quotient by several notches than the plain flour noodles, enjoy this snack in moderation.
- Combine the rice noodles, bean sprouts, spring onion greens, coriander powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp of sesame oil and salt in a bowl and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the spring onion whites and garlic and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the carrots, french beans, red cabbage, capsicum and salt and sauté over a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously till the vegetables soften. Sprinkle some water if required.
- Add the prepared rice noodles mixture and toss gently and cook over a high flame for another minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Soak them in boiling hot water for 10 to 15 minutes or as the instructions on the package specify. Drain the water and immerse in cold water in order to arrest any further cooking. Drain and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.