Rotlis ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29440 times
Paper-thin phulkas served hot off the tava, smeared with ghee, these rotlis feel special, even if you have them everyday! rotlis are generally made just before the meal is to be served, but if you make them in advance, then wrap them in a cloth so that they remain hot and soft.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft and smooth dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle.
- Heat a tava (griddle), place the rotli on it and turn it over after a few seconds.
- Cook on the other side till air pockets appear on the surface and then turn it over onto an open flame for a few seconds till it puffs up.
- Repeat the same procedure to make 14 more rotlis.
- Smear a little ghee on top of each rotli and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.