Rajma Tikki Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 169 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69441 times
A traditional punjabi starter transforms into an exotic and innovative wrap when combined with fresh veggies like spring onion whites, lettuce and carrots. The addition of mayonnaise binds the flavours of this wrap, and enhances its appeal. To avoid the rajma tikkis from turning soggy, ensure that you drain the cooked rajma and leave it aside in the sieve for at least five minutes, so they become completely dry. Also, don’t forget to coat the tikkis with corn flour.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the onions on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside. Keep the kadhai aside to deep-fry the tikkis later.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan, add the ginger and green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, rajma, potatoes, paneer, fried onions, coriander, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool slightly, add the cornflour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into 50 mm (2”) oval tikkis.
- Roll each tikki in cornflour in such a way that the tikkis are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same kadhai and deep-fry the tikkis on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the carrots, spring onion whites and chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ¼ cup of lettuce in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Place 2 tikkis and arrange ¼th of the carrot-spring onion white mixture over it.
- Finally spread 1½ tbsp of mayonnaise over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.