by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12164 times
Rajma's versatility needs no introduction. It fits beautifully into quite a range of recipes! Here it combines with healthy amaranth leaves, which are rich in fibre, folic acid and vitamin C.
- Wash and drain the rajma. Pressure cook them with 1 cup of water and salt for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening. Drain, discard the water and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds.
- Dry roast for about 30 seconds and then add the green chillies, ginger, garlic and onions and cook while stirring continuously till the onions turn brown.
- Add the rajma, amaranth leaves and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the milk and sugar and simmer for 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.