Potato Koftas in Makhani Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 128263 times
Yummy, crispy cheese and potato kofta in creamy red gravy. With a plethora of spices and a generous dose of milk, honey and cream, this is no ordinary gravy!
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala and dry fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato pulp and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk, fresh cream and honey, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a round and then flatten them lightly.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry a few koftas at a time or till they are golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the gravy, add the koftas, mix gently and cook on a medium for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.