Potato (aloo) Tikki
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37425 times
Potato aloo tikki is a popular and delicious tikki recipe which finds place in every heart. Boiled and mashed potatoes or aloo is made into a tikki( patties or cutlet) and roasted or shallow fried. The aloo tikki can be enjoyed plain with chutney or topped with Chole or in a burger. An excellent snack and packed lunch, Tiffin option for children.
- Mix all ingredients together thouroughly.
- Keep aside.
- Mash cooked dal coarsely with hands.
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Take a tbspful of potato mixture, spread on palm.
- Place a tspful of dal mixture in centre.
- Roll so as to keep dal mixture inside and potato out.
- Press gently into rounded flattish patties.
- Shallow fry on a griddle, drizzling oil to crispen crust.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney and green chutney or with tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by Archanarani on 09 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.