by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 569 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17985 times
Rich, milky and fruity too, the Peach Halwa is a dessert that is sure to please the palates of people with varied tastes. The strong scent of fresh peaches sautéed in ghee, together with the lingering aroma of khoya cooked with sugar, and the unmistakable aroma of cardamom, make this halwa a winner. Every aspect of this recipe is carefully designed to entertain, including the luxurious garnish of slivered almonds.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the peaches and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Mash lightly using a potato masher.
- Add the mava and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
- The amount of sugar added will vary depending on the sweetness of the peaches.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.