by Tarla Dalal
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32887 times
Genovese is one of the great sauces of Italy. The city of Genoa in Italy takes the credit of creating this sauce which uses the famous "pesto" (also originated in Genoa). This sauce is traditionally served with pasta. The addition of mushrooms enhances the taste of this already flavourful sauce. Pesto can be easily made at home - by pounding basil, garlic, walnuts and olive oil or you can buy ready-made pesto, available at speciality gourmet stores.
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onion slices till they are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pesto, milk and cream and mix well. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Toss in the pasta, pepper and cheese and serve immediately.
- You can add your favourite vegetables like carrots, broccoli, french beans etc. to this dish. Just parboil them before you add them.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.