Paneer Methi Chaman ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29340 times
Loads of greens are combined with paneer and punjabi spices to form this brilliant creation. Using both kasuri methi and fresh methi in this dish, imparts an unbeatable flavour.
- Roast the dried fenugreek leaves in a pan till crisp. Keep aside.
- Blanch the spinach and fenugreek leaves in a vesselful of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger-green chilli paste and dried fenugreek leaves and sauté for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the salt, paneer and garam masala and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Place the spinach and fenugreek leaves under cold running water immediately after boiling to retain the bright green colour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.