Orange and Lemon Gateau
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12541 times
A blend of citrus juices enlivens this gateau.
- Pour the cake mixture into a well-greased and dusted 175 mm. (7") diameter tin and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes. The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Cool the cake and divide into 2 parts horizontally.
- Sprinkle the juice over both the cake parts.
- Mix the orange juice, cornflour, lemon juice, sugar and 1/2 teacup of water. Put to boil and go on stirring and cooking until the mixture becomes thick. Cool.
- Add the orange rind, essence and colouring.
- Beat the cream with the sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the sweetened cream to the filling.
- Spread the filling over one cake part and place the other part on top.
- Cover the entire cake with the balance sweetened cream.
- Decorate with grated chocolate or praline powder.
- Cut into slices and serve cold.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.