by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29825 times
A versatile ingredient, 'nachni' is rich in protein, fibre, iron and calcium. Try this nachni-based nutritious variation of the famous gujarati snack - khichu.
- Put 2 cups of water mixed with 2 tablespoons of curds to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the cumin seeds, chilli powder, asafoetida, green chillies and salt and bring to boil.
- Add the ragi flour and whisk vigorously with a wooden spoon so that no lumps remain.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil and coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 203 calories|
|Protein|| 4.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 41.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.0 gm|
|Cholesterol|| 0 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.