Moong Aur Mooli ki Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 105 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13749 times
Preparing the Moong aur Mooli ki Chaat does take a bit of effort, but your taste buds will prod you to go ahead with the task, because of the assured excitement! Crisp and flavourful moong dal pakodis are perked up with not one but an assortment of exciting toppings ranging from sweet and sour khajur imli ki chutney and pungent radishes to soothing curds and peppy spice powders. Now, if that does not spell excitement to your palate, what does?
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough hot water for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Blend the drained moong dal in a mixer till smooth without using any water.
- Transfer the moong dal mixture into a deep bowl, add the coriander, green chillies, onions, ginger and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Make the tempering by heating the oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida to it. When the cumin seeds crackle, pour the tempering over the prepared moong dal mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt over the mixture and mix gently.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and fry spoonfuls of the mixture in hot oil, a few at a time, till the yellow moong dal pakodis are golden brown in colour from all the sides. (you will get approx. 30 pakodis).
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Place 5 hot yellow moong dal pakodis on a serving plate.
- Top with ¼ cup of whisked curds, 1 tsp green chutney, 2 tsp khajur imli ki chutney, 2 tbsp radish and finally sprinkle little chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, black salt, chaat masala and salt evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 5 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.