Mint and Masoor Tikki ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25400 times
Whole masoor has been combined with bread crumbs and paneer and flavoured with loads of mint. A minty fresh delight!
- Clean, wash and soak the masoor overnight.
- Drain, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles till the masoor is soft and slightly overcooked, but not mashed.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain the masoor and discard any excess water. Coarsely mash the masoor with a potato masher.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions. Shape each portion into a small long, flat tikki.
- Pierce a wooden satay stick through each tikki and cook each tikki on a hot non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame, using 1/8 tsp of oil, till both sides are golden brown in colour from both sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
Nutrient values per tikki
|calories|| 52 calories|
|fat|| 0.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.