Masala Mathri, How To Make Mathri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 807 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 105184 times
Crispy and flavourful, Masala Mathri can be prepared quite easily with readily available ingredients like plain flour, carom seeds and cumin seeds, and so on.
A tablespoon of melted ghee, added to the dough, helps impart a flaky crispness to this delectable snack. You can make the mathris in bulk and store in an airtight container to serve with tea whenever required.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Pinch the edges of the rolled mathri to form a design. (as shown in image 1)
- Prick the mathri with a fork at regular intervals. (as shown in image 2)
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 4 more mathris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 3 mathris at a time, on a medium flame for 8 to10 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 7 to deep-fry 2 more mathris in one more batch.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.