by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 229 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34845 times
Here is one dish that will easily rise to the top of your favourites list! A unique dish from Thai cuisine, this features soft and fresh pancakes stuffed with a superb mix of mangoes and coconut sweetened mildly with sugar and bound together by fresh cream.
The strong flavour of mangoes, the mild crunch of coconut and the lusciousness of cream together with the succulence of freshly-prepared pancakes are sure to warm your soul and remain etched in your memory forever. Make sure you serve the Mango Pancakes immediately on preparation. The stuffing too must be mixed only before preparing the pancakes and not too early, else it will get watery.
- Combine all the ingredients with ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix very well till no lumps remain, using a whisk.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with the butter.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Smear a little butter on the sides and when the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Divide the mango filling in 6 equal portions.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, place a portion of the stuffing on one side of the pancake and fold it over it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat step 2 to make the remaining 5 pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.