Kabuli Chana and Soya Chapati Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39930 times
This recipe makes a filling and balanced snack in itself. Chapatti provides energy giving carbohydrates; soya rolls are rich sources of protein and calcium whereas vegetables provide vitamins and fibre.
- Mix the flour, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well and keep for ½ an hour. Knead again.
- Divide into 6 portions and roll out each portion into 6" (150 mm. ) diameter thin rounds with the help of a little whole wheat flour.
- Cook lightly on both sides on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water.
- In a blender, blend the kabuli chana, soya granules, green chillies and ginger into a thick, coarse paste.
- Add the mint and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into cylindrical rolls.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the rolls on both sides till they are golden brown. Keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a flat surface. Put a soya roll on one end of the chapati and spread ½ tablespoons of chilli sauce over it.
- Sprinkle some cabbage, carrots and cheese on top and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 5 more rolls.
- Place the chapati rolls on a hot tava (griddle) and cook using a little oil till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per roll
| 40.8 mg|| 19.6 gm|| 145 cal|| 4.9 gm|| 27.1 mcg|| 5.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.