by Tarla Dalal
Added to 881 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23799 times
Samosa without potatoes? What! That frown on your face is sure to change into a wide and contented smile once you taste this Hariyali Samosa. Featuring a well-spiced stuffing of crushed green peas and French beans, this samosa is made all the more wholesome and filling with the addition of poha to the filling mixture. You will be amazed by the texture and flavour of this ‘samosa with a twist’!
- Place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Toss well to drain out all excess water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the carom seeds, green peas, french beans and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, beaten rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fold a samosa patti into a cone and stuff it with a portion of the filling.
- Seal the edges using the maida-water paste so that the filling does not spill out.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 5 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the samosas, a few at a time, over a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.