Green Peas Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 93 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43214 times
Chock full of nutrients required for growth, green peas make a surprising filling for sandwiches! Full of fibre and protein…kids favourite sandwich made healthy by replacing high calorie and fattening thousand island dressing…with a healthier version which is made using curds and very little cream..
- Combine the green peas and the prepared thousand island dressing in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean dry surface.
- Spread a portion of the stuffing evenly on it and place 3 tomato slices over it. Sprinkle a little salt over it, and sandwich it using another bread slice.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
- If your kids are fussy, be innovative and cut the sandwiches into different shapes like triangles, circles or even teddy bears or pussycats.
Nutrient values per sandwich
|Energy|| 197 kcal|
|Protein|| 7.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 34.5 gm|
|Fat|| 3.1 gm|
|Iron|| 2.5 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.