by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37151 times
Serve this traditional parsi dish with fried "papad" sweet mango chutney, curds and chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Mix the dals and wash them.
- Cut the vegetables into big pieces.
- Mix the dals and vegetables, add 7 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
- Sieve this mixture. If it is very thick, add a little water.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the chopped onions for a little time. Add the paste and fry again for 3 minutes.
- Add the dal mixture and salt and boil for 30 minutes.
- Add the tamarind water and sprinkle the powdered masala and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with dhan-saak rice.
- Chop the onions.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time. Add the cinnamon, cloves, crushed garlic and fry again.
- Add the rice, salt and enough water to cook the rice.
- Cook the sugar mixed with 1 teaspon of water on a slow flame. When it becomes brown, add to the rice while it is cooking.
- Serve this rice with dhan-saak.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.