Corn and Potato Handvo with Coconut Sauce ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32552 times
Corn and potato handvo with coconut sauce, the innovation here is not just in the handvo, but in the accompaniment too! why settle for normal chutney or sauce when you can be different there too – try making this lovely coconut sauce instead! handvo is usually made with a batter of rice and urad dal, but here it is made using vegetables, corn, rawa etc. Coconut milk lends its unique flavour to this dish, but remember to use thick coconut milk.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and green chilli paste, mix well and sauté on a slow flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt, lemon juice and coriander and simmer for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour the batter evenly to make a thick layer.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the base turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Lift the handvo gently using 2 large flat spoons and turn it over to the other side.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for another 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Cut into wedges as shown in the image.
- Serve immediately with coconut sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.