Chola Batura By sukirtisoni
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20810 times
Chola Bhatura is a popular Punjabi recipe with fermented deep fried breads called Bhatura relished with spicy and mouthwatering Chole or chickpeas curry. Enjoy chola Bhatura as meal or heavy snacks with onion rings and mango pickle.
- Pressure cook the chick peas with the tea bag for 3 whistles until they are soft
- Drain and keep aside.
- Discard the tea bag.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. when the seeds crackle, add the onion, ginger and garlic and sauté till the onion is golden brown.
- Add the chole masala, chilli powder, amchur, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and salt and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chick peas and 1 cup of water and mix well. simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. keep aside
- Combine the flour, potato, 1½ teaspoons of oil and salt and knead into a firm dough without using any water.
- Knead the dough very well till it is smooth
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and rest the dough for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll out into circles of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Deep fry in hot oil till the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with the chole, sliced onion and lemon wedges.
This recipe was contributed by sukirtisoni on 26 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.