Chocolate Pinwheels ( Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23844 times
Cocoa powder is a good substitute for high calorie chocolate sauce in these attractive pinwheels. Enjoy this scrumptious snack once in 15 days to satisfy your sweet tooth. Try to keep it for special occasions like a party and remember not to go overboard.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the cocoa powder. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and sugar substitute, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer it into a small bowl and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
- Spread 2 tsp of chocolate spread on each bread slice and sprinkle 1 tsp of oats evenly over it.
- Roll each slice like a swiss roll and cut it into 3 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 9 more pinwheels.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pinwheel
| 27 kcal|| 1.0 gm|| 4.1 gm|| 0.7 gm|| 10.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.