Cheesy Pepper Rice ( Jain International Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34553 times
This rice is so easy and quick to make. . . It is for all my jain fans who can enjoy this rice dish made with bellpeppers, cheese and spices. Worth a try !
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked, while stirring occasionally. Drain out any excess water if remaining.
- Roast the red chillies in a non-stick pan for a few minutes. Remove from the frying pan and pound in a mortar-pestle (khalbatta) to a coarse powder.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the capsicum and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the prepared red chilli powder and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese, mix well and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.