Chana Dal Fara
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34065 times
A tasty wheat coating stuffed with chana dal filling with various spices and condiments.
- Blend the dal in a mixer till smooth, using little ewater.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger, chilli and saute for a while.
- Add the dal paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add all the spices and mix well and saute till the mixture becomes dry and crumbly in texture.
- Remove from the flame and cool completely. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll our each portion into a thin chapati of 4" diameter.
- Place 1 tbsp filling in the middle of a circle and fold it to make a semi-circle, sealing the edges and roll out again to make a circle of 1/2" thick shape.
- Repeat the same with remaining dough and stuffing to make more such faras.
- Boil water in a deep pan and add the faras to it.
- Cook till they become light and starts floating on water.
- Remove, cool and cut in to pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the pieces and saute gently.
- Serve hot garnished with green chutney and coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by neerisha on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.