by Tarla Dalal
Added to 540 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55161 times
A soft, pancake like dish made with rice flour and grated carrots, the Carrot Dosa is ideal for breakfast or as a snack any time you feel hungry as it can be prepared within minutes without much to do. The addition of grated coconut provides an energy boost and also lends softness to these pancakes. Have these pancakes fresh off the tava, and you will love the crisp yet soft feel of every bite.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1¾ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and allow it to spread to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle.
- Cook the dosa using a little oil, on a medium till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 11 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.