Bread Pattice ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 200 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83342 times
Resembling spring rolls, these pattice are completely different to taste and packed with the goodness of vegetables and soya. Use fresh bread for pleasing results. Baking them gives a wonderful crusty finish. A splendid grab-and-go snack!
- Soak the soya granules in enough warm water for 10 minutes. Drain, squeeze the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots, cabbage and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soya granules and noodles and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the chilli-garlic sauce and tomato ketchup and sauté on a medium flame for few more seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add the soya sauce and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a flat dry surface and trim off the edges.
- Roll the bread slice very thinly using a rolling pin.
- Place a tbsp of the stuffing on one end of the bread and roll it up tightly so as to seal the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 11 more bread pattice.
- Brush a little melted butter on each bread pattice and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly, cut each roll into 2 equal pieces and and serve immediately.
- Use fresh bread for this recipe. If it is a little stale, steam it for 2 minutes before rolling.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.