Bow Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 129 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26261 times
Bow Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce is a simple and elegant dish that suits homely meals as well as parties. To make this quick and easy dish, perfectly cooked farfalle is simmered with a sauce of sun-dried tomato pesto, fresh cream and milk, and served garnished with aromatic celery. Prepare the sauce and cook the bow pasta ahead of time, but mix and simmer them just before serving to ensure the ideal consistency.
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in ½ cup of warm water in a bowl for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Lightly roast the pinenuts in a broad non-stick pan for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, pinenuts or walnuts, garlic, chilli powder and olive oil and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into the same broad non-stick pan, add the fresh cream, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the sun-dried tomato pesto sauce, add the farfalle, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with celery and serve immediately with garlic bread.
- If walnuts are used for making the sun-dried tomato pesto sauce, dry roasting can be omitted at step 2.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.