Bean Sprouts and Veggie Wraps
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27722 times
Broccoli, sprouts and baby corn combine well not just in taste but appearance as well. This recipe uses iron and fibre-rich whole wheat flour instead of maida to make the wraps. And when made with minimal oil, it is very weight-watcher friendly!
- Combine the flour and salt and knead into a smooth and pliable dough by adding enough warm water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again till smooth and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into 175 mm. (7") diameter circle with the help of a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti lightly on both sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic and sauté over a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, capsicum, broccoli, bean sprouts, baby corn and sauté for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour paste, sugar, salt, pepper and chilli sauce and simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a cooked roti on a flat, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing at one edge and roll it up tightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using ¼ tsp of oil, till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.