Baby Corn and Capsicum Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26383 times
The Baby Corn and Capsicum Rice is so colourful that kids will immediately yearn to dig their spoons into the tiffin box when they see it! Not only is it visually appealing, but it appeases the appetite too as it contains a wholesome combination of rice and vegetables, flavoured excitingly with tangy tomato ketchup. This tiffin treat is very kid-friendly as it uses just a dash of pepper and chilli powder for spice, rather than chunks of ginger or green chillies that could bring tears to the young ones’ eyes! This lovely rice dish stays good for 4 to 5 hours, and can be carried for lunch by both kids and adults!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the babycorn and coloured capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup, tomato purée, chilli powder and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, salt and pepper, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely and pack in a tiffin box.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.