Tomato Basli Pasta Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2578 times
Pasta is always served with a sauce in southern Italy and the sauce invariably includes tomatoes, onions and garlic amongst its ingredients. Basil and tomato sauce is arguably one of the best known pasta sauces of Italy. Any kind of pasta is accompanied with this famous basil and red tomato sauce. You can prepare larger quantities of this sauce and freeze it. Parboiled vegetables can also be added to this recipe.
Recipe Description for Basil and Tomato Pasta ( Italian Recipe)
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sauce thickens, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, tomato purée, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the cream and basil leaves and mix well.
- Just before serving, re-heat the tomato basil sauce, add the spaghetti in it and toss well. Cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the sauce coats the spaghetti well.
- Serve hot garnished with the cheese and basil leaves.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.