by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31820 times
Creamy, smooth and heavenly.
- Dissolve the cornflour in ¼ cup of cold milk. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the saffron in 2 tablespoons of warm milk. Keep aside.
- Place the rest of the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the dissolved cornflour and simmer for another 5 minutes while stirring continuously, till it is of a coating consistency. Add the thandai flavouring and mix well.
- Remove from the fire and allow it to cool completely.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer.
- Add the cream and dissolved saffron to the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish, cover and freeze till slushy.
- Divide the mixture into 2 batches and churn each batch separately in a blender till it is smooth.
- Transfer into a shallow container, cover and freeze till it is firm. Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.