52 Papdi recipes | recipes using Papdi
Papdi recipes | recipes using Papdi. Papdis are crispy small flat puris made of plain flour spiced up with salt and other spices.They add crunch to most chaat recipes. The dough used to prepare Papdis is usually very stiff. These are easily available in the market under different brand names and can be made at home too. Sometimes these Papdis may also be baked, to cut down on calories and fat percentage. These Papdis are used in a variety of chaats like bhelpuri, sevpuri, papdi chat etc.,all of which are famous Indian street foods.
Sukha Bhel ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
What's Chaat without Papdi?
What’s chaat without papdi? Indeed, this crisp, disc-shaped savoury is a must-have on any chaat counter, because it adds an exciting crunch to many a chaat preparation including bhel puri, dahi papdi chaat, and so on. The best part about this semolina plus wheat flour papdi is that it does not get soggy too soon, so you can feel its magic till the very last spoonful! Follw our basic papdi recipe.
Try Baked Papadi's, they are healthier to use
This is a virtually fat free recipe for all low cal food lovers! Crispy baked papdis are delicious at any time of the day. You can spice up the dough, if you prefer, adding a little chilli powder and cumin seeds. I personally like them just plain. Again, I would suggest the you store large quantities in an air-tight container.
Papdi Potato and Kabuli Chana Chaat
In this recipe, you will find out how to make delicious, crunchy Baked Papdi using the microwave. Once you have the dough, each batch of 20 takes just a few minutes to bake, so you can prepare large batches and store them in airtight containers, to make delicious sev puri or to use as a base for any of your favourite toppings.
Street style chaat recipes using papdi
If you are Mumbaite you will know the craziness of enjoying the street food. These recipes below will take back to the streets of Mumbai. Lip smacking recipes to enjoy.
1. Bhel Puri very delicious and quick for evening snack? Bhel Puri such an exciting snack to munch on.
2. Ragda Patties potato patties, stuffed with spiced safed vatana, and drowned in a tongue-tickling gravy of more safed vatana perked up with onion and spices.
3. Hare Chane Ki Chaat street side chaat which is so simple to make but yet so delicious. It is a delectable blend of green chana, tomatoes, onions tossed in butter, spiked with a little chaat masala.
Roadside Hare Chane Ki Chaat, Protein and Calcium Rich
4. Sev Puri Tangy, crisp and tongue-tickling are the first words that come to mind when one thinks of this chat-pata snack.
Sev Puri ( Chaat Recipe )
5. Bread Aloo Chaat a layer of sliced bread is topped with a flavourful potato mixture, and served with a garnish of peanuts, coconut and sev.
Quick recipes using papdi
Recipes ready in minutes when there is sudden guest a hunger which calls for some chatpata snack. Here are few recipes using your favourite papdi.
1. Papdi Chaat has lots of papdis, tossed in a blend of chutneys, curds and potatoes. Mix the papdis, chutneys and curds the way you want in papri chaat .
2. Geela Bhel an awesomely crunchy and spicy snack, the Geela Bhel features puffed rice mixed with an array of spices to get a really chatpata flavour.
3. Dahi Bhel a mixture of papdis and potatoes, along with the goodness of kabuli chana, curds and of course a melange of chutneys.
Innovative chaat recipe using papdi
Some different kind of combination with papdi. these are really innovative recipes. Try these recipes and give a new style to your regular chaat and enjoy.
1. Sprouts and Corn Chatpata Chaat an interesting way to consume healthy sprouts! This protein-rich chaat makes an excellent anytime mixed sprouts corn chaat snack for your kids, and will boost their energy levels when they are tired.
Sprouts and Corn Chatpata Chaat
2. Corn Sev Puri a recipe for all those who agree with me. Similar but yet very different from the traditional sev puri.
Corn Sev Puri
3. Mango Sev Puri topped with a delightful mixture of mangoes, capsicum and tomatoes, not to forget chaat masala and a couple of other spice powders.
Mango Sev Puri
4. Tangy Rajma Sev Puri off-beat chaat item that you will fall in love with! Here, crisp papdis are topped with a chatpata rajma mixture and tangy tomato chutney.
Tangy Rajma Sev Puri
5. Paneer and Peas Chaat Perky paneer cutlets with an indulgent dry fruit centre, are a real melt-in-the-mouth treat.
Paneer and Peas Chaat
Enjoy our papdi recipes | recipes using Papdi below.