Jaundice Recipes, Jaundice Diet
Jaundice recipes. Jaundice Indian diet. Jaundice in simple terms is excess buildup of bilirubin in the blood which is mainly caused due to inflammation of the liver or obstruction of the bile ducts.
Homemade Strained Carrot Juice
The major symptoms include dark urine and yellow tinge on the skin and eyes.
A few other symptoms seen are vomiting, abdominal pain, fever and sometimes even weight loss and intestinal disturbances.
Papaya Pineapple and Banana Drink
8 basic rules to Treat Jaundice, Jaundice diet, Jaundice recipes
Though Jaundice diet is individualistic, here are some basic pointers to be followed in Jaundice Diet. Try and include enough water by sipping throughout the day. Also when you introduce semi-solid and solid foods, eat small and frequent meals rather than large meals to not put excessive load on liver.
Oatmeal Almond Milk with Apples, Healthy Vegan Breakfast
1. Good amount of rest and diet play a very important role in the treatment of jaundice. A simple JUICE DIET 4 to 6 times a day is the best in the beginning stage of jaundice so as to get enough antioxidants while not stressing on the digestive tract and liver.
Try strained juices like Strained Carrot Juice or Homemade Strained Tomato Juice.
Homemade Strained Tomato Juice
2. Fresh fruits like apple, grapes, orange, sweet lime, pineapple, papaya, grapes, muskmelon, sugarcane etc. can be looked upon as the best additions.
Within 2 to 3 days you can avoid straining the juice and include recipes like Carrot and Muskmelon Juice. Remember not to consume any juices chilled or with ice.
Carrot and Muskmelon Juice
3. Depending on the severity of the condition, fruit juice combos like Pineapple Apple and Cucumber Juice can be included 2 to 3 times a day.
Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice
4. However avoid heavy fruits like banana, chickoo, mango and custard apple in the beginning. Later on you can try in small quantity and continue if well tolerated. Start with Banana and Papaya Puree and move on to Smoothies using curds if that’s tolerable too.
Banana and Papaya Puree
5. This can also be accompanied with strained thin vegetable soups (Bottle Gourd and Cauliflower Soup) and thin dal (Moong Dal Water) without any spice can fat can be introduced too.
Bottle Gourd and Cauliflower Soup
6. Water and coconut water are your best friend. Have Coconut Water with Coconut Meat at least once daily.
Coconut Water with Coconut Meat
Do not miss out on including it to your diet.
7. Once you are showing signs of recovery without nausea and vomiting, gradually thick dals and soups can be introduced. Try Palak Masoor Dal in this stage of recovery. Most vegetables are allowed. Begin with small portion size and steadily increase it. These are rich in fiber and antioxidants, which help in healing liver.
Palak Masoor Dal
8. In stages you can start introducing semi-solid foods soon. Introduce porridge made from oats, bajra, jowar etc., khichdi and curd rice etc. to make up for your calorie requirement and build liver cells.
Bajra Porridge for Babies
Bajra Porridge and Wholesome Khichdi are simple recipes you can rely on. Do not add too many spices, especially chillies, to your meals.
7 Foods to Avoid with Jaundice
1. High protein foods like non-vegetarian foods. If tolerated cooked scrambled eggs can be given.
2. Other source of protein like dairy products in the beginning. Thin buttermilk if tolerated can be consumed.
3. Fats like butter, ghee, oil, cream, mayonnaise etc.
4. Deep fried and shallow fried foods. These are difficult to digest.
5. Fermented foods, nuts, soft drinks, ready to eat foods and alcohol.
6. Sweet items and desserts. They just add unnecessary calories and no nutrients to benefit liver.
7. All canned and junk foods as they deteriorate the health and delay the liver recovery.
Guava and Pomegranate Drink, Peru Aur Anar ka Drink
Enjoy our Jaundice Recipes, Diet during Jaundice, Indian recipes for Jaundice and other health articles below.
Jaundice Diet Home Remedies recipes
Jaundice Indian Food recipes
Jaundice Recovery Diet recipes
Recipes to treat Vomiting recipes
Manganese Diet recipes
Gout Diet recipes
Diet for Dialysis recipes
Fatty Liver Diet recipes
Arthritis Diet recipes