This category has been viewed 340 times
Healthy Recipes >
to treat Vomiting recipes
Last Updated : Dec 23,2017
Vomiting is a condition which is marked by throwing up the contents of the stomach. This occurs as the contents of the stomach goes indigested or do not settle in the stomach. It may be a onetime event which is often due to indigestion or over eating, especially oily food. However recurrent vomiting may be due to some other stomach illness, stress, food allergy, food poisoning or any other medical condition like cancer, gastritis or liver diseases. In these later conditions immediate doctor’s advice should is a must.
The suggested diet for vomiting is to sip on clear liquids like juices for the first 4 to 6 hours, followed by clear soups and strained water and eventually follow a bland BRAT (Banana, Rice, Apple and Toast) diet.
Here are a few quick dietary tips to help you ease vomiting to great extent.
• Sip on liquids in the beginning and give your stomach some rest. Try clear soups like Vegetable Broth, plain juices like Strained Sweet Lime Juice, Homemade Strained Apple Juice Recipe or Homemade Strained Barley Water Recipe.
• Simultaneously, hydrate yourself very well with at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day. This helps to maintain the water and electrolyte balance in the body. Sip on them slowly and gradually increase the amount of fluids.
• Banana is your best friend when vomiting. Have small bites of banana and eat at a very slow pace. It is a good source of potassium and help in rebalancing it’s levels after vomiting.
• Other bland foods like potatoes and plain Rice Mash are good options too.
• Prefer dry foods like toast or cracker, as they are bland and will help you ease the vomiting sensation.
Things You Should Avoid:
• Pass on spicy foods or foods with strong odour like onions and garlic.
• Shun off the fried foods and tempered foods completely.
• Stay steer of coffee, tea, alcohol and carbonated beverages.
• Skip the canned and processed foods. This may further upset your stomach.
• Do not eat in a hurry and prefer only small meals.
• Do not lie down immediately after having a juice or eating. Rest for a while with your head elevated.
• Avoid eating raw salads.
• Preferably shun off milk and other dairy products.
• Extremely cold or hot beverages are best avoided.
• Sweets, mithais and desserts are definitely not recommended.
• Do not eat in a closed room. Opt for natural air.
These recipes have specially been designed to suit your stomach. Try it and share your thoughts below.
21 Nov 17
18 Nov 17
Homemade Strained Apple Juice Recipe, Clear Fluid Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Sometimes the simplest of recipes turns out to be most handy! This Homemade Strained Apple Juice is one such.
The sweet and clear juice extracted from red apples is useful for those on a clear fluid diet, such as those recovering from surgery who cannot have normal food due to vomiting, nausea o ....
18 Nov 17
Homemade Strained Barley Water Recipe, Clear Fluid Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Homemade Strained Barley Water is often recommended as part of a clear fluid diet for those recovering from surgery as they have an intolerance for food.
It is also useful for those suffering from vomiting and diarrhoea as it provides them with water soluble nutrients.
Sipping on barley wate ....
31 May 18
14 Dec 15
Banana Mash ( Baby and Toddler) by Tarla Dalal
Banana is one fruit which most paediatricians recommend to start with. Mash the banana with a fork nicely so as to ensure there are no lumps. This recipe requires two teaspoons of milk to get a smooth consistency and to avoid the banana being too thick and difficult to swallow.
However, paedia ....
14 Dec 15
Rice Mash ( Baby and Toddler Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
A safe and soothing food, Rice Mash is highly recommended once your baby has gotten used to Rice Water.
Rice Mash is aromatic, thanks to the light lacing of ghee, which also lubricates the mash making it easier for the child to swallow. This easy and healthy recipe is satiating, easily-digestib ....
28 Nov 17
Vegetable Broth, Indian Clear Soup by Tarla Dalal
Chock-full of nutrients from multiple veggies, this tasty and comforting Vegetable Broth is just right to have when you are recuperating from a surgery or suffering from vomiting.
It is an apt addition to a clear liquid diet as it helps to maintain the fluid balance in the body. It is very easy ....
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.