Eggless Semolina and Coconut Cake Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7201 times
There is fun in the air, and nobody can resist a treat or two in the weeks leading up to Christmas! Here is yet another treat to enjoy, and share with your friends – to make the festival season even more special. This unique Eggless Semolina and Coconut Cake is made with rava instead of plain flour, which is usually the main ingredient in cakes. That gives this cake an enjoyably crumbly texture, which together with the flakiness of coconut makes the total effect mind-blowing. This recipe uses very little milk, so stick to the quantities mentioned, to get the batter consistency right.
Recipe Description for Eggless Semolina and Coconut Cake
- Grease a 225 mm. (9”) by 125mm. (5”) cake tin with melted butter, dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and remove the excess flour.
- Combine all the ingredient in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted cake tin and spread it evenly.
- Cover it with an aluminum foil and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for 15 minutes and de-mould.
- Cut into square pieces and use as required.
See step by step images of Eggless Semolina and Coconut Cake Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.