Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 67932 times
A simple sponge cake can form the base for a variety of luscious desserts. Plain or fancy, a basic sponge cake can be employed to produce desserts for occasions ranging from a simple family meal to a show stealing birthday cake. Whatever the recipe, a basic sponge cake has to be moist, soft and tender. A dry, crumbly, flat cake will make the dessert very unappetizing.
Recipe Description for Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake ( Cakes and Pastries)
- To make eggless chocolate sponge cake, sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb together and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the prepared sieved plain flour-cocoa mixture and 5 to 7 of water and mix gently with help of a spatula.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Grease the cake tin with butter on all the sides.
- Dust with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and tap the tin to remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 40 to 45 minutes or till done.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, remove the eggless chocolate sponge cake from the oven, invert the tin over a plate and tap sharply to unmould the sponge.
- Keep the eggless chocolate sponge cake aside to cool and use as required.
See step by step images of Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake ( Cakes and Pastries) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.