Eggless Chocolate Cake (Pressure Cooker) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7192 times
A chocolate sponge is a very handy piece of cake! And when it can be made in a pressure cooker, its preparation is a piece of cake too! Serve this soft and succulent Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake warm and fresh off the cooker with a cup of tea, top it with ice-cream to make a delicious dessert, or decorate it to make the prettiest – and tastiest - cake in town. Serve along with Herbed Sticks and Banana Pepper Wafers for an exciting evening tea time treat.
Recipe Description for Eggless Chocolate Cake ( Pressure Cooking )
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin with butter on all the sides. Dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour.
- Shake and tap the tin to remove the excess flour and keep aside.
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the prepared sieved plain flour-cocoa mixture and approx. 6 tbsp of water and mix gently with help of a spatula.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the greased and dusted tin and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the salt at the base of a pressure cooker, and place a steel ring stand and a perforated plate over it. Cover it with a lid (with the ring on the lid but without the whistle) and heat on a medium for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker, place the cake tin on the perforated plate. Cover it with a lid (with the ring on the lid but without the whistle) and steam on a medium for 20 to 22 minutes or till the cake is done.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert the tin over a wire rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake or use a knife to loosen the edges of the cake.
- Use immediately or as required.
See step by step images of Eggless Chocolate Cake ( Pressure Cooking ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.