Added to 190 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103515 times
chum chum recipe | cham cham sweet recipe | Bengali chomchom recipe | Diwali sweet | with 8 amazing images.
chum chum is a Bengali mithai made using chenna. Learn how to make chomchom recipe.
These oval shaped Diwali sweet - chum chum is cooked in sugar syrup and stuffed with a mixture of mawa. We have added refined flour (maida) to the prepared chenna which provides stiffness and helps to maintain a proper shape.
To make chum chum, combine chenna and maida and mix well. Divide into 10 portions. Take each portion, one by one, between the palms of our hands and shape it into 100 mm. (4”) oval. Then combine the sugar with 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and allow it to boil on medium flame for 5-6 minutes. Gently add the chum chums in the sugar syrup and boil on medium flame for 12-15 minutes and drain well. For stuffing, cook all ingredients for 5 to 6 minutes. Cool it completely. Slit each chum chum, stuff it and garnish with almond slivers.
Other than the mawa, you also add some dates, figs or cashews to make cham cham sweet. You can even skip the stuffing and drizzle rabri on top of it or simply garnish using coconut and pistachios.
Tips for chum chum. 1. Use freshly made chenna. 2. Crumble the mawa well so that you get a uniform mixture. 3. While shaping them, take care to see that there are no cracks on the surface. 4. While draining them after cooking, pick gently and add them to the sugar syrup. 5. Always keep them refrigerated.
Try similar recipes like Rose Sandesh or Rasmalai.
Enjoy chum chum recipe | cham cham sweet recipe | chomchom recipe | Diwali sweet - chum chum given below.
- In a plate, combine the chenna and maida and knead very well using your hands into a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Take one portion between the palms of our hands and shape it into 100mm. (4”) ovals, taking care to see that there are no cracks on the surface.
- Repeat step 7 to make 9 more ovals.
- Combine the sugar with 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and allow it boil on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Gently add the chum chums in the sugar syrup and boil on medium flame for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain and remove the cooked chum chums keep it on a plate. Keep aside to cool completely.
- In a broad non-stick pan, combine together all the ingredients for the stuffing and cook for 5-6 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Slit the chum chum lengthwise.
- Stuff it with the prepared stuffing.
- Repeat step 13 and 14 to make 9 more chum chum.
- Garnish with almond slivers. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chum chum
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.