How many calories does one serving of Sprouts Kadhi have?
One serving of Sprouts Kadhi gives 188 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 68 calories, proteins account for 34 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 71 calories. One serving of Sprouts Kadhi provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Sprouts Kadhi recipe. Give your regular kadhi a nutrient boost by adding sprouts to it.The sprouts not only contribute immense nutrients and fibre but also a variety of textures, which makes the kadhi more toothsome.
Is Sprouts Kadhi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Sprouts ( mixed sprouts) : Sprouts contain enzymes that aid digestion and are alkaline in nature. Sprouting increases the availability of proteins. For example, on sprouting, the protein content of moong increases by 30%. On sprouting, the seed becomes a veritable nutrient factory with a greater concentration of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and B-complex. Sprouts are a good source of fibre , good for diabetic and heart friendly. See detailed health benefits of sprouts.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sprouts Kadhi ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sprouts are a good source of fibre , good for diabetic and heart friendly. Besan, rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too.
Can healthy individuals have Sprouts Kadhi ?
Sprouts Kadhi is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 188 calories that come from Sprouts Kadhi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 56 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 25 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 32 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.