How many calories does one small glass Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink have?
One small glass Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink gives 108 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 84 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 14 calories. One small glass Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink recipe. A wise combination of fruits results in a peppy drink that has just the right level of tanginess! The addition of garden cress seeds further enhances the nutrition and flavour of this iron rich breakfast drink. By pooling in a lot more nutrients and fibre, it helps digestion and relieves stress.
Is Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Pineapple (Ananas) : Packed with vitamin C (64.7 mg / cup), pineapple is one such fruit which boosts immunity. They help build our line of defence against diseases by building white blood cells (WBC). It is known for its laxative effect and overcome or prevent constipation. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. By reducing inflammation it helps to relieve the joint pain related to arthritis. Cons : Pineapple as a sole snack would not be recommended for diabetics. Paired with other high fiber and low glycemic index fruits, you can include it in small portions. Pineapple is not very low in calories nor carbs and hence not good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of pineapple.
2. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : Low in calorie and rich source of fiber. Fruits are low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges, Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough fruits like oranges, mango and papaya have high incidence of night-blindness. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
3. Garden Cress Seeds (Halim) : Garden cress seeds overcome anaemia. A tbsp. of these seeds offer 12 mg of iron. Being rich in iron and a galactagogue (a food which enhances breast milk production), it’s beneficial for lactating moms for enhancing breast milk production. Its high protein content helps to satiate you and build muscle mass too. Garden cress seeds are a good cure to constipation. The fiber from the seeds when had with water helps to bind the stools and aids in its east movement through the digestive tract. See detailed benefits of garden cress seeds.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink ?
No for diabetics as the whole fruit is better than juices. Yes for heart. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. No for weight loss as pineapple is high in carbs.
Can healthy individuals have Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink ?
Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 108 calories that come from Pineapple Sweet Lime Drink?
Walking (6 kmph) = 32 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 11 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 14 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 19 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.